“2020 CMT Music Awards” hosted by dynamic trio of Ashley McBryde, Kane Brown and Sarah Hyland airs TONIGHT, Wednesday, October 21st at 8PM ET/7PM CT
The “2020 CMT Music Awards,” country music’s only entirely fan-voted award show, will celebrate music’s biggest stars and bring Nashville’s one-of-a-kind energy to music fans across the globe through epic outdoor performances in and around Music City. Hosted by Ashley McBryde, Kane Brown and Sarah Hyland, the 2020 CMT Music awards air tonight, Wednesday, October 21st at 8PM ET/7PM CT on CMT with simulcasts on MTV, MTV2, Logo, Paramount Network, Pop and TV Land.
Dan + Shay
Jimmie Allen + Noah Cyrus
Kelsea Ballerini + Halsey
Little Big Town
Luke Combs + Brooks & Dunn
Ram Trucks Side Stage
“CMT Equal Play Award”
Jennifer Nettles is the recipient of this first-time award
“Video of the Year” - FINALISTS
Carrie Underwood - “Drinking Alone”
Keith Urban - “Polaroid”
Kelsea Ballerini - “homecoming queen?”
Luke Combs - “Beer Never Broke My Heart”
Miranda Lambert - “Bluebird”
Tanya Tucker - “Bring My Flowers Now”
*Top 3 finalists announced at top of show; voting to remain open though in-show.
The “2020 CMT Music Awards” will premiere on CMT with a six-network simulcast across MTV, MTV2, Logo, Paramount Network, Pop and TV Land. iHeartMedia will again serve as the official radio partner of the Awards, with a live radio simulcast across 40+ iHeartCountry music radio stations.
CMT is set to reach an International market with CMT Australia encoring the full “2020 CMT Music Awards” telecast on Sunday, October 25 at 6:30 PM local time.
The CMT Music Awards will also be available via livestream on CMT.com and the corresponding websites of each of the brands simulcasting the show (MTV, Paramount, Logo, TV Land, Pop). You can also watch the livestream on the MTV App and Paramount Network App. On Thursday morning, the show will be available for viewing on CMT.com and the MTV App with a TV provider login.
Check out the “2020 CMT Music Awards” Virtual Press Room for all of your press needs! The site will be updated throughout the day today and tonight, offering an array of show photos, footage and interviews that can be easily downloaded for your coverage purposes. Please check in often and remember to refresh your browser.
- Link: “CMTMA” Press Quicksite
- Password: cmta20press (case-sensitive)
On Wednesday, October 21st, in-show moments including performances, speeches and more will be uploaded to the site in real time. Visit cmtpress.com for previous announcements and additional information.
Additional photos from the “2020 CMT Music Awards” performances, arrivals and more will be available via GETTY:
- 2020 CMT Music Awards - Arrivals: https://dam.gettyimages.com/assignments/2020-cmt-music-awards-red-carpet
- 2020 CMT Music Awards - Show: https://dam.gettyimages.com/assignments/2020-cmt-music-awards-show
- 2020 CMT Music Awards - Fan Viewing Party: https://dam.gettyimages.com/assignments/2020-cmt-music-awards-fan-viewing-party
News programs and services may excerpt portions of the “2020 CMT Music Awards” telecast during the seven days following the live telecast on October 21, 2020 solely for reporting about the “2020 CMT Music Awards” as an event and subject to the following conditions:
- Up to three minutes in total, but no more than thirty seconds of any single moment or performance, may be used within the period ending the first day following the telecast.
- Up to one minute in total, not separate from the three minutes referenced above and no more than thirty seconds of any single moment or performance, may be used within the period of the second through seventh days following the telecast
- Any display, exhibition or performance of the material must be accompanied by the chyron, “Courtesy of CMT.”
- Viacom Media Networks provides an embeddable video player of show moments and performances here: http://www.cmt.com/cmt-music-awards/videos
- Otherwise, up to thirty seconds of any single moment or performance may be used as part of a wrap-up package through the seventh day following the telecast (For purposes of clarification you may NOT use portions of the “2020 CMT Music Awards” as standalone video assets).
- Any display, exhibition or performance of the material must be accompanied by the chyron, “Courtesy of CMT,” and a link to www.cmt.com
Official sponsors of the “2020 CMT Music Awards” are Kit Kat®, Little Caesars Delivery, PEDIGREE® and
the Ram Truck Brand.
“2020 CMT Music Awards” is executive produced by CMT’s Margaret Comeaux, Switched On Entertainment’s John Hamlin and Amy Lin Johnson; the Executives in Charge of Production are Jackie Barba and Heather D. Graffagnino.
To request a broadcast viewing link of the east coast feed, please reach out to CMTMAComms@viacom.com.
Ali Marszalkowski, Ali.Marszalkowski@viacom.com
Joyia Sandoval, Joyia.Sandoval@viacom.com
Rebecca Lawlor, Rebecca.Lawlor@viacom.com