2021 “CMT Music Awards” adds more powerhouse performances to its star-packed roster
BRELAND + Mickey Guyton, Chris Young + Kane Brown, Kelsea Ballerini + Paul Klein from LANY, Lady A + Carly Pearce + Gabby Barrett, Lauren Alaina + Jon Pardi, Luke Bryan, NEEDTOBREATHE + Carrie Underwood, and Thomas Rhett join growing list of star-studded performers
Country music’s only entirely fan-voted show airs Wednesday, June 9th at 8p/7c
NASHVILLE -- (May 26) -- CMT today revealed the second round of high-powered performers set to take the stage for the 2021 “CMT Music Awards.” Hosted by superstars Kelsea Ballerini and Kane Brown, the show airs Wednesday, June 9th at 8:00PM ET/7:00PM CT on CMT, MTV, MTV2, Logo, Paramount Network and TV Land.
Adding to its ever-growing roster of powerhouse performers, this year’s 2021 “CMT Music Awards” will spotlight music’s biggest hitmakers and all-star nominees alongside the next generation of country superstars for even more first-time performances and never-before-seen crossover collaborations. The full list of second round performers includes:
- BRELAND + Mickey Guyton (“Female Video of the Year,” “Breakthrough Video of the Year,” “Video of the Year”)
- Carrie Underwood (“Collaborative Video of the Year,” “Video of the Year”) + NEEDTOBREATHE
- Chris Young (“Collaborative Video of the Year”) + Kane Brown (“Male Video of the Year,” “Collaborative Video of the Year,” “Video of the Year”)
- Kelsea Ballerini (“Female Video of the Year,” “CMT Performance of the Year, “Video of the Year”) + Paul Klein from LANY
- Lady A (“Duo/Group Video of the Year”) + Carly Pearce (“Female Video of the Year”) + Gabby Barrett (“Female Video of the Year”)
- Lauren Alaina + Jon Pardi
- Luke Bryan (“Male Video of the Year”)
- Thomas Rhett (“Male Video of the Year”)
The newly revealed performers will join previously announced can’t-miss solo and collaborative performances from Brothers Osborne + Dierks Bentley, Chris Stapleton, Luke Combs, Mickey Guyton + Gladys Knight and Miranda Lambert, Jack Ingram + Jon Randall.
Country music’s only entirely fan-voted award show returns to celebrate music’s hottest stars, delivering two-and-a-half hours of nonstop performances and one-of-a-kind collaborations in and around Music City. Each winner is selected by the fans with voting now open at vote.cmt.com through Tuesday, June 1st at 3p/2c. At that time, the top six finalists will be revealed for “Video of the Year,” with voting for the night’s most sought-after prize continuing through the show on June 9. A full list of nominations can be found here.
The 2021 “CMT Music Awards” is executive produced by CMT’s Margaret Comeaux, Switched On Entertainment’s John Hamlin and Amy Lin Johnson; the Executives in Charge of Production are Jackie Barba and Heather D. Graffagnino.
Official sponsors of the 2021 “CMT Music Awards” include Lipton Iced Tea, Little Caesars®, Ram Truck Brand and Verizon.
For more information, visit CMT.com, follow @CMT on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, use hashtag #CMTawards and ‘like’ the CMT Music Awards on Facebook.