CARRIE UNDERWOOD RANKS #1 WHEN “CMT TOP 20 COUNTDOWN” RECAPS THE BIGGEST VIDEOS OF 2008 ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 26
Underwood is Most-streamed Artist of the Year at CMT.com
Taylor Swift Takes Most Streams on CMT Mobile and VOD
NASHVILLE – December 22, 2008 – Carrie Underwood reigns supreme on CMT and CMT.com, according to a list revealed today by the network. CMT announced that Underwood’s smash video “Just A Dream” took the #1 spot on a list compiling the year’s best country music videos. In addition, she was the most-streamed artist on CMT.com for her video “All-American Girl,” which currently boasts more than 1.4 million streams for the year. Host Lance Smith will count down the best videos of the year in a special CMT TOP 20 COUNTDOWN premiering Friday, December 26 at 1:00-3:30 p.m., ET/PT.
“Carrie's videos have always made a splash, and “Just A Dream” is truly deserving of our chart-topping status for the year,” says Jay Frank, SVP of Music Strategy for CMT. “Our audience consistently told us how much they loved it through streams, online voting, message board comments and more.”
Underwood’s “Just A Dream” spent all but two weeks in the Top 5 during her entire 16-week CMT TOP 20 COUNTDOWN run. The COUNTDOWN is based on a weekly analysis of CMT.com activity, digital and physical retail sales, radio airplay, other online activity and viewer voting.
In other platforms, CMT revealed that Taylor Swift held the #1 spot for streams this year on CMT Mobile and VOD for her video “Our Song.”
For a streaming playlist of the 20 videos featured in the year-end COUNTDOWN, visit CMT.com.
CMT’s Top 20 videos of 2008:
1. Just A Dream - Carrie Underwood (19 Recordings/Arista Nashville)
2. All I Want To Do - Sugarland (Mercury Records)
3. Shiftwork - Kenny Chesney (BNA Nashville)
4. You’re Gonna Miss This - Trace Adkins (Capitol Nashville)
5. Picture To Burn - Taylor Swift (Big Machine Records)
6. Just Got Started Lovin’ You - James Otto (Warner Bros. Records)
7. Small Town Southern Man - Alan Jackson (Arista Nashville)
8. Letter To Me - Brad Paisley (Arista Nashville)
9. All Summer Long - Kid Rock (Atlantic Records)
10. Troubadour - George Strait (MCA Records)
11. All-American Girl - Carrie Underwood (Arista Nashville)
12. Love Story - Taylor Swift (Big Machine Records)
13. Ready, Set, Don’t Go - Billy Ray Cyrus (Disney Records)
14. Every Day - Rascal Flatts (Lyric Street Records)
15. Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven - Kenny Chesney (BNA Nashville)
16. Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It - Darius Rucker (Capitol Nashville)
17. International Harvester - Craig Morgan (Broken Bow Records)
18. Good Time - Alan Jackson (Arista Nashville)
19. Home - Blake Shelton (Warner Bros. Records)
20. You Look Good In My Shirt - Keith Urban (Capitol Nashville)
Visit CMT's press-only Web site www.cmtpress.com for more information and downloadable photos on all of CMT's programming.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 87 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
MTV Networks, a division of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company’s portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 350 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Harmonix, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Noggin, The N, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, Spike TV, TV Land, Atom, GameTrailers and Xfire.
# # #
Amanda Murphy 615-335-8408 firstname.lastname@example.org