CMT ENRICHES THE ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE AT THE “2008 CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL”
NASHVILLE – June 3, 2008 – Fans make CMT #1, so CMT is returning the favor with a fan-centric promotional blitz to support the 2008 CMA Music Festival which kicks off Thursday, June 5 in Nashville. CMT created custom materials and interactive fan experiences to connect with country music’s biggest fans during the four-day festival. The festival will be featured extensively on CMT and its multiple digital extensions, including CMT.com and CMT Mobile.
Below are highlights of CMT’s presence at the 2008 CMA Music Festival:
FAN FAIR HALL:
- Each CMA Music Festival attendee will receive a CMT gift at registration, an official co-branded CMT and CMA bag containing festival information
- CMT will enrich the fan experience on-site with autograph signings at the CMT booth in the Fan Fair Hall with such artists as Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Diana DeGarmo, Julianne Hough, Lady Antebellum, Ashton Shepherd, Emily West, CMT’s CAN YOU DUET finalists, along with CMT personalities Lance Smith and Katie Cook – fans will receive a CMT branded keepsake
- CMT will roll out its CAN YOU DUET recording studio which offers fans a chance to put their own voice to music and walk away with a free CD recording
Nightly Concerts on the Vault Concert Stage at LP Field:
- CMT INSIDER’s Allison DeMarcus will host the Nightly Concerts on the Vault Concert Stage at LP Field on Friday, June 6
Each evening, CMT will be onsite at the Nightly Concerts on the Vault Concert Stage at LP Field designating a new “Super Fan” section which will reward attendees with a CMT premium
CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL AFTER HOURS PRESENTED BY CMT:
- CMT is the presenting sponsor of the 2008 CMA Music Festival After Hours, which includes entertaining at 16 participating clubs and bars in downtown Nashville June 5-8, as well as the Hard Rock Cafe Nashville’s Stub Hub Songwriters in the Round events
- CMT has once again partnered with The Stage and Paradise Park Trailer Resort restaurant and bar for CMT hosted stage activities, including fan premiums and signage – The Stage will feature CMT interactive window effects presented by Monster Media
- CMT.com, America’s #1 country music Web site, is host to a comprehensive micro-site featuring up-to-the-minute news, a schedule of festival events, photo galleries, sweepstakes and streaming radio
- For the second year in a row, CMT.com has recruited “unofficial” Fan Photographers who will document their experience for online photo galleries
- CMT.com will host a Lady Antebellum RockBand Competition on Saturday, June 7 at noon at Paradise Park Trailer Resort where one lucky fan will get to see if they can out rock the band
- CMT.com will also feature live blogging with guest commentary from artists including Andy Griggs, Jennifer Hanson, Joe Nichols, Ashton Shepherd and more
- For those fans who cannot attend the Nashville festivities, CMT OUTSIDER will feature all-new episodes from on-site at CMA Music Festival events
For more information on the 2008 CMA Music Festival and CMT-sponsored events, visit CMT.com.
Visit CMT's press-only Web site www.cmtpress.com for more information and downloadable photos on all of CMT's programming.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 87 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
# # #
Natasha Powell 615-335-8412 firstname.lastname@example.org