CMT EXPANDS MOBILE OFFERINGS WITH THE LAUNCH OF ITS SPRINT ID PACK DESIGNED FOR COUNTRY MUSIC FANS
NASHVILLE – September 28, 2011 – CMT continues to expand its wireless offerings with the launch of the first country music-themed Sprint ID pack, loaded with popular CMT apps, widgets and more. Available only to Sprint customers, the CMT ID pack transforms Sprint ID-enabled devices into the ultimate accessory for country music fans with instant access to their favorite stars’ music, videos, breaking news and more. The CMT ID pack features such popular apps as CMT Insider and CMT On Air, along with CMT-recommended apps including Rhapsody, SoundHound and The Grand Ole Opry.
The CMT ID pack includes access to CMT apps, widgets and third-party music applications such as the following:
• CMT Insider: CMT Insider gives access to country music’s biggest stars with exclusive videos, articles and photos. Follow artists on Twitter and stream music with Rhapsody audio clips.
• CMT On Air: CMT’s On Air App features the network’s full lineup, videos and allows fans to connect with other fans of CMT as they converse across Twitter.
• Rhapsody: The Rhapsody App and a subscription let fans listen to anything in the catalog of more than 10 million songs. Fans can even listen to music offline by downloading playlists directly to their device. Free trial available.
• SoundHound: SoundHound offers instant music search and discovery that takes only four seconds to name tunes playing from a speaker. It is also a singing and humming recognition app.
• The Grand Ole Opry: The Grand Ole Opry app is the quickest way to stay connected to the Opry. Listen to the Opry and 650 AM WSM live, see the latest calendar of shows, watch videos of Opry performances and more.
• CMT News Widget: Get instant headlines about all your favorite artists and CMT shows with the CMT News Widget.
• CMT Video Widget: Check out new videos featuring country music artists, CMT shows or the latest in country news.
• CMT Photo Widget: The CMT Photo Widget offers instant photos, updated often, of country music's biggest stars and events.
• CMT Twitter Widget: Check out instant updates from CMT's official Twitter accounts and stay connected to your favorite artists and CMT Shows.
In addition, users can personalize their device with customizable CMT wallpapers, ringtones and more. The CMT ID pack is free to download with an Everything Data plan from Sprint. Sprint ID devices include Samsung Epic™ 4G, Motorola PHOTON™ 4G, Samsung Conquer™ 4G, Sanyo Zio™, Samsung Transform™, LG Optimus S™ and Samsung Replenish™. To learn more and to watch a video about the CMT ID pack, visit www.sprint.com/cmtid.
CMT launched its mobile division in 2006, and continues to develop apps, widgets and more that help fans connect directly to the country artists they love and discover new music along the way. CMT is the only country music network in the unique position to deliver world premieres directly to fans on their mobile device.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 92 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 52 million customers at the end of 2Q 2011 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
# # #
Amanda Murphy/CMT 615-335-8408 firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Johnsonbaugh/Sprint 949-748-3389 email@example.com