CMT EXPLORES THE COMPELLING STORIES OF EVERY DAY AMERICANS IN NEW DOCUMENTARY-STYLE SERIES, “BORN COUNTRY”
NASHVILLE – May 15, 2007 – CMT presents BORN COUNTRY, a new docu-reality series that depicts the compelling parallel stories of every day people as told by the characters themselves. From karaoke queens to over-the-top country weddings and die-hard “Dukes of Hazzard” fans, each episode of BORN COUNTRY highlights new remarkable, real-life stories of the best and most unusual in country culture. BORN COUNTRY premieres Friday, June 1 at 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., ET/PT.
In the premiere episode, Karaoke Moms, BORN COUNTRY follows three country mothers whose shameless love of karaoke is a source of much pride and joy, as well as heartache and embarrassment. Cameras follow these high-spirited moms as they rehearse, compete and perform in order to win over their audiences’ and their families’ support. BORN COUNTRY: Karaoke Moms will re-air on Saturday, June 2 at 12:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m; and Sunday, June 3 at 2:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Future episodes of the series will feature singles looking for love, secret country dancers, crazy country families and other individuals on the fringe of mainstream society, including:
- I’m A Secret Country Dancer- Three people whose lives have been changed through their secret passion for country dancing surprise their skeptical friends and co-workers as they introduce them to the joys of the country line-dance scene. Premieres Friday, June 8 at 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., ET/PT.
- My Crazy Family- Country family members learn to love the relatives who make them cringe. Premieres Friday, June 15 at 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., ET/PT.
- My Big Redneck Wedding- Monster Trucks, shotguns, ATV’s and camouflage highlight these over-the-top weddings. Premieres Friday, June 22 at 11:00 p.m., ET/PT.
- Looking for Love- Follow single country folk on their quest to find new love. Premieres Friday, July 6 at 10:00 p.m., ET/PT.
- Addicted to Dukes of Hazzard: These Duke's devotees are ready to pack up their General Lee's and head to Hazzard County for the true fan's most anticipated event of the year – CMT DukesFest 07'. Premieres Friday, July 13 at 10:00 p.m., ET/PT.
- Ladies Love Country Boys- These two cowboy heartbreakers are no stranger to using their good looks and Southern charms to meet women, and one country girl documents her quest to snag a country boy of her own. Premieres Friday, July 20 at 10:00 p.m., ET/PT.
- The Real Cannonball: One Lap of America- 100 Drivers. 4,000 miles. Blaze around the country on an eight-day race through 10 States. There’s no turning back, if they wreck their car, they’re done. Premieres Friday, July 27 at 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., ET/PT.
Bob Kusbit and Lewis Bogach are Executive Producers for CMT. BORN COUNTRY is executive produced by Lauren Lazin ("MTV True Life").
CMT, America’s No. 1 country music network, carries original programming, specials, and live concerts and events, as well as a mix of videos by established country music artists and new cutting-edge acts, including world premiere exclusive videos. Founded March 6, 1983, CMT, owned and operated by MTV Networks, reaches 84 million households in the United States. Go to country music’s biggest web site at www.cmt.com.
# # #