CMT GEARS UP FOR THE “2007 CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL” WITH HEAVY PROMOTIONAL BLITZ ACROSS MULTIPLE PLATFORMS
NASHVILLE – May 30, 2007 – CMT announces its support of the “The 2007 CMA Music Festival” with a marketing campaign in promotion of the week-long event, June 7-10 in Nashville. CMT will be providing heavy promotional support for the 36th annual event across the network’s multiple platforms, including on-air, CMT.com, CMT LOADED and CMT Radio Networks.
CMT.com, America’s No. 1 country music Web site, is host to a comprehensive micro-site featuring up-to-the-minute news, a schedule of festival events, artist photo galleries, sweepstakes, and interactive games. In addition, CMT.com has recruited several “unofficial” Fan Photographers who will document their CMA Music Festival experience for photo galleries on CMT.com. CMT Loaded will tape an episode of CMT LOADED OUTSIDER, with host Adam Black taking a comical look at the week’s events.
The CMT Radio Network will provide daily news updates and backstage coverage for over 150 affiliate stations, as well as live reports for more than 20 markets nationwide. CMT INSIDER and CMT LOADED cameras will be on-site at the festival for exclusive interviews with the stars as well as a look at the fan experience.
Nashville-based CMT will ramp up its presence in Music City with billboards on West End, 5th and Commerce Ave, Demonbreun, the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Nashville International Airport.
In addition to the pre-festival coverage, CMT will be enriching the fan experience on-site at many of the “The 2007 CMA Music Festival” events including:
- Fan Fair Exhibit Hall - CMT will be on-site at the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall in the Nashville Convention Center (June 7-10, 10a.m.-4p.m.) with autograph signings with CMT hosts, Lance Smith and Katie Cook, as well as country artists including Bucky Covington, Billy Ray Cyrus, and more. Fans will have an opportunity to buy CMT merchandise as well as sign-up to become a CMT One Country volunteer at the booth (#701). The CMT Cross Country mobile marketing vehicle will be located inside the exhibit hall with free CMT premiums and trivia giveaways.
- Nightly concerts at LP Field - CMT Top 20 Countdown host, Lance Smith, will emcee the main stage concerts at LP Field on the opening and closing nights of the festival.
- CMT Fun Zone - At the CMT Fun Zone on Broadway between 1st and 3rd Avenues (June 7, 9a.m.-6p.m.; June 8-10, 10a.m.-6p.m.), CMT will be partnering with MTV Networks digital download music service, URGE, allowing fans the opportunity to sample and experience URGE first hand. The CMT Cross Country mobile marketing vehicle will be on-site with the URGE prize wheel featuring prizes from URGE and CMT.
- Hard Rock Café Stage - CMT Loaded host, Charla, will emcee the concerts on this stage June 7-9 at 10:30 p.m., including performances by Emerson Drive, Lantana and the Povertyneck Hillbillies.
- CMT Headquarters - At the CMT headquarters at 330 Commerce St, CMT will celebrate Country Fresh Appreciation days by giving away free CMT premiums (while supplies last) to fans stopping by the network’s headquarters. In honor of the 2007 CMA Music Festival, CMT will drape the building with Country Fresh signage.
- CMA Music Festival After Hours - After the nightly concerts end, CMT keeps the party going with official after hours events at The Stage on Broadway and Paradise Park Trailer Resort restaurant and bar, including nightly stage games and CMT giveaways.
Visit CMT's press-only Web site www.cmtpress.com for more information and downloadable photos on all of CMT's programming.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and Heartland entertainment, reaching more than 84 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT’s broadband channel, CMT Loaded.
# # #