CMT HEADS TO “SWEET HOME ALABAMA” FOR NEW SERIES DEBUTING THURSDAY, JULY 14
NASHVILLE – June 22, 2011 – Bachelors from big cities and small towns are vying for the affections of Devin Grissom, a beautiful southern girl from Alabama, in the new CMT series, SWEET HOME ALABAMA premiering Thursday, July 14 at 9:00 p.m., ET/PT. In order to win her heart, the guys from across the country compete in challenges to win time with this modern day southern belle. In each one-hour episode set in the charming city of Fairhope, Ala., Devin says goodbye to more of her suitors in the hopes of finding her true love and someone her family approves.
Devin Grissom is a student at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Raised in Cordova, Tenn., Devin considers herself a southern belle who values and respects the traditions of the south. A huge sports fan, Devin spends her Saturdays in the fall watching SEC football games and hopes to pursue a public relations career in professional sports. Devin’s parents were high school sweethearts, still married for 34 years, and she aspires to have a relationship like theirs and settle down at a young age.
The bachelors of SWEET HOME ALABAMA are below:
• Adam Moyer – Horse trainer from Franklin, Tenn.
• Beau McKinney – U.S. Marine veteran from Birmingham, Ala.
• Brian Wilson – Music manager from Los Angeles, Calif.
• Britton McPherson – Vintage home restoration carpenter from Mobile, Ala.
• Cody Harris – Rodeo professional from Robertsdale, Ala.
• Cody Lynn Johnson – Tobacco farmer from Kingsport, Tenn.
• Collin Varallo – Landscape company owner from Birmingham, Ala.
• David Weeks – Student and coach from Long Island, New York
• Jason Maxim – Brand manager, entrepreneur and stuntman from Hollywood, Calif.
• Jeff Miranda – Singer/musician and DJ from Newark, New Jersey
• Joey Huskins – Licensed broker from Phoenix, Ariz.
• Kash Kiefer – Football player/punter from Bridgeport, West Virginia
• Mark Marchant – Financial advisor from Hollywood, Calif.
• Matt Crofton – EMT from San Diego, Calif.
• Michael Chadwick – Real estate agent from New York, New York
• Michael Dean – Personal trainer from Las Vegas, Nevada
• Mike Short Jr. – Singer/songwriter from Murfreesboro, Tenn.
• Pete Westwood – Music label talent manager from Brooklyn, New York
• Tribble Reese – Bartender from Birmingham, Alabama
• Tripp Davis – CPA from Jackson, Miss.
The eight episode series, SWEET HOME ALABAMA, is produced by Glassman Media (“Three Wishes”) with executive producers Andrew Glassman, Grant Julian and Carrie Franklin. Claire McCabe and Jayson Dinsmore are executive producers for CMT.
Visit CMT's press-only Web site www.cmtpress.com for more information and downloadable photos on all of CMT's programming.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 92 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
MTV Networks, a division of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company’s portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 400 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Harmonix, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., TeenNick, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, SPIKE, TV Land, Atom, GameTrailers and Xfire.
# # #
Natasha Powell 615-335-8412 email@example.com