CMT HEATS UP CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL WITH STAR-STUDDED SIGNINGS, PERFORMANCES AND MORE STARTING JUNE 9
NASHVILLE – June 9, 2010 – CMT has a long history of providing fan-centric experiences at the CMA Music Festival, and 2010 kicks off the network’s SUMMER OF MUSIC celebration. Fans can stop by CMT’s Greased Lightning® Fan Fair® Hall booth for autograph signings by Laura Bell Bundy, Danny Gokey, Lady Antebellum, Jerrod Niemann, Jake Owen, Melissa Peterman, Richard Petty, Kellie Pickler, Rascal Flatts, Trailer Choir, Chuck Wicks and CMT’s own Evan Farmer, Katie Cook and Cody Alan. Attendees can receive a souvenir photo with artists while visiting the CMT booth, and get a digital copy later which can be uploaded on Facebook and shared with friends. Fans can also visit the CMT Social Media Kiosk to stay connected to CMT all summer long, or win passes to CMT meet-and-greets.
In addition, CMT will honor Rascal Flatts for 10 years of “Unstoppable” music on Saturday, June 12 at 2:00-4:00 p.m. CDT, followed by a short acoustic set in the convention center hall and autograph session in the CMT booth. To commemorate 10 years of record-breaking sales, hits and more, CMT will award the band with a plaque at the celebratory event.
Other opportunities to interact with CMT include:
• CMT Mobile’s mascot Sir Text-a-Lot joins the CMA Music Festival Parade on Wednesday, June 9, and will offer opportunities to win prizes, including tickets to the 2010 CMT MUSIC AWARDS later that day. Tickets will be given away via Twitter by following @FollowCMT.
• CMT will test fans’ skills for the hit CMT series, THE SINGING BEE, at The Fun Zone. Fans can play the game to win prizes or audition to be a contestant on the popular show.
• Exclusive After Hours partners The Stage (412 Broadway) and Paradise Park Trailer Resort (411 Broadway), which will feature CMT giveaways and live entertainment all week.
• During the Nightly Concerts at LP Field, CMT will award one section each night with the Summer of Music Hottest Fans. In addition, CMT host Evan Farmer will emcee a night at LP Field.
• The 4th Annual CMA Music Festival Fan Social presented by CMT is a free event with performances by Chris Jansen, Chris Young, Gretchen Wilson, Rodney Atkins, Laura Bell Bundy and Randy Houser on Saturday, June 12. The trick is for fans to figure out the super secret location with clues revealed only via social media.
For more information on the 2010 CMA Music Festival and CMT-sponsored events, visit CMT.com and CMAfest.com.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 90 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
# # #
Amanda Murphy (for CMT) 615-335-8408 email@example.com