CMT ONE COUNTRY SWEETENS THE DEAL FOR WINNERS AT THE “2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS”
CMT Will Gift $2500 to Charities of Winners In Each Category
NASHVILLE – March 17, 2008 – Artists aren’t the only ones winning at the 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS on Monday, April 14, as CMT ONE COUNTRY will be gifting $2500 to winners in each category of the 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS for the charity of their choice, it was announced today by CMT’s Director of Public Affairs, Lucia Folk. CMT ONE COUNTRY, CMT’s pro-social initiative, was launched in the fall of 2005 to inspire CMT viewers to take action and bring about important change in their communities. Visit CMTONECOUNTRY.com to learn more information about the nominated artists’ charities.
“CMT ONE COUNTRY recognizes that our 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS nominees have causes which they hold near and dear to their heart, and we would like to showcase these important causes to the millions of fans who vote for their favorite artists,” said Folk. “Much like the goal of CMT ONE COUNTRY to inspire others to take action and bring about change, we are proud to facilitate artists giving back to the community that has supported them in their successes.”
A complete list of the 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS nominated artists and the charities who would receive their donation are below (in alphabetical order):
- Alison Krauss: Thistle Farms
- Big & Rich: My Sister's Keeper and Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Billy Ray Cyrus: City of Hope
- Blake Shelton: Oklahoma Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (OKVOAD)
- Bon Jovi: The Philadelphia Soul Foundation
- Brad Paisley: Target House at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Brooks & Dunn: Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Bucky Covington: USO
- Carrie Underwood: Humane Society of the United States
- Christian Kane: The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
- Chuck Wicks: American Cancer Society
- David McClister (Director): TBD
- Dierks Bentley: Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
- The Eagles: The Walden Woods Project
- Faith Hill: Neighbor's Keeper Foundation
- Garth Brooks: Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Huey Lewis: Carousel Fund
- Jack Ingram: Habitat for Humanity
- Jason Alexander: Oakwood School
- Keith Urban: Nashville Alliance for Public Education
- Kellie Pickler: AARP Foundation Grandparenting Program
- Kelly Clarkson: March of Dimes
- Kenny Chesney: PLAN!T NOW
- LeAnn Rimes: Nashville Humane Association
- Little Big Town: Blood:Water Mission
- Luke Bryan: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
- Martina McBride: Childhelp
- Michael Salomon (Director): American Cancer Society
- Miranda Lambert: Humane Society of East Texas
- Montgomery Gentry: T.J. Martell Foundation
- Rascal Flatts: Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Reba McEntire: Habitat for Humanity
- Robert Plant: TurtleWill
- Rodney Carrington: Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation (PKD Foundation)
- Roman White (Director): St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Shaun Silva (Director): Special Spaces
- Sugarland: American Liver Foundation
- Taylor Swift: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Tim McGraw: Neighbor's Keeper Foundation
- Toby Keith: Ally’s House
- Trace Adkins: The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN)
- Trey Fanjoy (Director): MusiCares
- Tyler Hilton: T.H. Books for Kids
- Willie Nelson: Farm Aid
Hosted by music’s hottest father and daughter, Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus, the 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS air live from Nashville’s Curb Event Center at Belmont University on Monday, April 14 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT* on CMT and CMT.com. Including performances by Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Taylor Swift and a special performance by Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus with more performances to be announced, the 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS continues to be the genre’s only fan-voted awards.
Visit CMT's press-only web site www.cmtmusicawardspress.com for more information about the 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS and media credentialing.
CMT One Country, CMT's pro-social initiative, was launched in the fall of 2005 to promote civic participation and inspire CMT viewers to take action and bring about important change in their communities. CMT One Country partners include America’s Second Harvest, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Habitat for Humanity, Hands On Network and the USO (United Service Organizations). Led by Advisory Board members President Jimmy Carter, Maya Angelou and General Colin Powell, whose combined service to America is legendary, CMTONECOUNTRY.com aims to offer tools to help anyone start making a difference immediately. For more information: www.CMTONECOUNTRY.com.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 87 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. MTV Networks, with more than 150 channels worldwide, owns and operates the following television programming services - MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION, MTV2, VH1, mtvU, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, NOGGIN/THE N, VH1 CLASSIC, MTVN INTERNATIONAL and THE DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of 13 digital services, all of these networks trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks connects with its audiences through its robust consumer products businesses and its more than 300 interactive properties worldwide, including online, broadband, wireless and interactive television services and also has licensing agreements, joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby all of its programming services can be seen worldwide.
*EDITORS: The 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS premiere LIVE on Monday, April 14 at 8:00 PM, Eastern and 7:00 PM, Central; and at 9:00 PM, Mountain and 8:00 PM, Pacific (tape delayed).
# # #
Cindy McLean 615.335.8404 email@example.com
Natasha Powell 615.335.8412 firstname.lastname@example.org