CMT TAKES THE BULL BY THE HORNS IN THE ALL NEW ONE-HOUR SPECIAL “POSSE: THE YOUNG GUNS OF PBR” PREMIERING SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12 AT 8PM ET/PT
NASHVILLE – November 24, 2009 – POSSE: THE YOUNG GUNS OF PBR follows eight up and coming professional bull riders on their journey across America trying to become the next PBR champion. This one-hour special takes a deeper look at these hopefuls as they not only master the bulls, but also juggle relationships, families, finances and egos. POSSE: THE YOUNG GUNS OF PBR premieres on Saturday, December 12 at 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., ET/PT on CMT.
The cast of POSSE: THE YOUNG GUNS OF PBR includes:
• Ryan Dirteater (age 20, from Hulbert, OK.) - Won the Dickies Invitational in Dallas, Texas in January 2009.
• Austin Meier (age 22, from Kinta, OK.) - The 2008 season was his best yet with five top ten finishes, and the winner of the first ever PBR Team Shootout.
• Skeeter Kingsolver (age 20, from McLouth, KS.) - Dubbed “The Royal Solution” by PBR announcer Justin McKee.
• Brian Canter (age 22, from Randleman, NC.) - Won North Carolina High School Rodeo Association Finals two years in a row.
• Shane Proctor (age 24, from Grand Coulee, WA.) - Obtained a rodeo scholarship to Northwest College in Powell, Wyoming.
• Jessi Mauney-Proctor (age 27, from Mooresville, NC.) - Married to Shane Proctor. Reigning Queen of the wives and girlfriends of PBR.
• Sean Willingham (age 28, from Summerville, GA.) - His “swagger” and “throw caution to the wind” attitude towards bull riding comes from his experience with other extreme sports.
• Kasey Hayes (age 24, from Liberal, KS.) - Rides with a face mask after a serious injury after going head to head with a bull at age of 12.
To meet the cast and get a sneak peek of the series go to http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/posse/series.jhtml
POSSE: THE YOUNG GUNS OF PBR is pressure packed with personal dramas, eight second make-or-break career moves and intense competition between the riders. The “Young Guns” are no strangers to the arena, but with a new season starting the stakes become higher than ever and each rider will have to find a way to handle the pressure if they want to be champion. The “Posse” of newcomers is in for a wild ride in a sport that involves two ton raging bulls, a tough life on the road and no room for error.
POSSE: THE YOUNG GUNS OF THE PBR is created and executive produced by Randy Bernard of the PBR, Eric Bischoff, Jason Hervey of Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment and Thom Oliphant of Cloudland TV. Claire McCabe and Bob Kusbit are executive producers for CMT.
Visit CMT’s press-only Web site for more information and downloadable photos on all of CMT’s programming.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 89.6 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom, is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. MTV Networks, with 137 channels worldwide, owns and operates the following television programming services – MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION, MTV2, VH1, mtvU, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, NOGGIN/THE N, VH1 CLASSIC, LOGO, MTVN INTERNATIONAL and THE DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of 13 digital services, all of these networks trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks connects with its audiences through its robust consumer products businesses and its more than 200 interactive properties worldwide, including online, broadband, wireless and interactive television services and also has licensing agreements, joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby all of its programming services can be seen worldwide.
# # #
Chris Delhomme 310-752-8635 email@example.com