CMT UNVEILS THE CUSTOM DESIGNED TALENT GIFT BAGS FOR THE “2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS”
NASHVILLE – April 8, 2008 – CMT today unveiled the contents of this year’s customized talent gift bags for celebrities participating in the 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS, country music’s only fan-voted awards show, airing live on Monday, April 14 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT* from The Curb Event Center at Belmont University in Nashville. This year’s gift bag includes a wide variety of fashion, beauty and music must-haves as well as unique travel opportunities.
Hosted by music’s hottest father and daughter, Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus, the 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS includes performances by Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Alan Jackson, Taylor Swift, LeAnn Rimes, Keith Urban and Brooks & Dunn with a special performance by Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus.
GIFT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE (in alphabetical order)
- Antik Denim and Taverniti So Jeans offer a choice of a pair of jeans from one of these hot denim brands. Each pair is valued at $225 and is sold at high end boutiques.
- Bioque is a scientific skin care system that virtually halts aging in its tracks and will be gifting some of their key skincare products from their line: Bioque Gentle Cleanser, Serum XL, Pronto, and C-Plus Moisturizer.
- Blackberry Farm will be gifting a one-night stay in one of their cottages, which also includes three gourmet meals. This 63-room Relais and Chateaux and Relais Gourmand property – often described as “Easy to get to. Hard to leave.” is located in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee and offers an abundance of outdoor activities and an Aveda-Destination Spa.
- Blundstone will be gifting a $150 gift certificate for a pair of their shoes. Blundstone is a 100% Australian family owned business with its head office based in Hobart, Tasmania.
- Café Bustelo, the #1 selling Cuban coffee in the U.S., will be gifting a certificate for a one year supply of Bustelo Cool café con leche, (2) Bustelo Cool café con leche drinks and (2) Café Bustelo bricks of coffee in a Bustelo jute bag.
- Delta Fitness Clubs of Nashville will gift a 6-month membership to its boutique style club known primarily for their results in personal coaching and Boot program.
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch in Tabernash, Colorado is providing two 50-minute spa treatments and a two-night stay for two at the all-new Lodge at Devil’s Thumb Ranch. The Lodge, built in the style of classic national park lodges, features upscale, classic Rocky Mountain furnishings and appointments with unparalleled valley, mountain, and Continental Divide views and privacy.
- Digidesign will be gifting two of their top products: Eleven and Mbox 2 Mini. Eleven is Digidesign’s new mind-blowing guitar amp emulation software that makes a wonderful addition to any recording rig and Mbox 2 Mini, which is Digidesign’s most portable Pro Tools LE recording interface.
- Dooney & Bourke will be gifting a selection of their large totes. Dooney & Bourke has over 25 years of experience combining superior materials and fine craftsmanship with innovative designs to create enduring, functional, fine leather goods.
- El Naturalista the shoe brand from Spain, will be gifting the talent a pair of their shoes. El Naturalista is a brand rich and deep philosophy that places its trust in life and, on principle, attributes all things to nature. El Naturalista follows its own philosophy with permanent attention to the environment, but never forgetting the people
- Escape Day Spa will be gifting a $100 gift card and Skinceuticals sunscreen. Escape is devoted to promoting well-being, offering traditional massage, eastern massage, skin care, body treatments, hair care and nail care.
- FRS® Healthy Energy will be gifting FRS Healthy Energy chews as well as $150.00 gift certificates for FRS Healthy Energy products. FRS Healthy Energy products are scientifically formulated and feature the powerful antioxidant quercetin - designed to boost energy, enhance performance and help neutralize free radicals before they can cause cellular damage.
- Gabriella Francesca will be gifting handmade 22 & 18 K gold plated earrings in several vintage designs.
- Gold Skin Care will be gifting a $200 gift certificate as well as including products from their luxury aesthetic line including mineral-based Colorescience ($75) and DNA repairwear Nia24 ($130), all a perfect gift for the ultimate Gold Skin Care Center experience.
- Harmonix Music Systems and MTV Games will be gifting the music video game Rock Band, a new platform for music fans and gamers to interact with music like never before. Rock Band challenges rockers to master the lead/bass guitar, drums, and vocals or play in a cooperative band experience.
- Kangol Headwear will be gifting pieces from the Spring 2008 collection including core shapes made from organically grown cotton and over-dyed indigo linen.
- Lucky Earth Waterless Car Wash will gift one bottle of carwash with 3 micro-fiber towels and a gift certificate for either a courtesy waterless car wash or more bottles of their at home waterless car wash spray.
- M-Audio, a leading provider of creative tools for computer-centric musicians and audio professionals, will be gifting Studiophile Q40 reference headphones that deliver a true studio monitor experience. The Q40 headphones are ideal for tracking and mixing, as well as simply enjoying music.
- Marchon will be gifting the women the latest sunglasses from their Coach collection while men will receive their stylish foldable aviators from Nautica.
- Mossy Oak® Apparel Company will be gifting tees and a gift certificate for the talent to choose product from their collection worth $200.
- Olia Zavozina, a Nashville designer, will be gifting the talent from her clothing line offering the talent a selection of her sexy women’s tops, dresses and stylish men’s attire.
- Paper Shouts will be gifting the participants a designer stationery gift set, including a box of note cards from the collection along with a $100 gift certificate to be redeemed on www.papershouts.com.
- RE:VOLVE Apparel Project will be giving RE:VOLVE French Terry Hoodies Made from 50% RPET (recycled polyester) and 50% organic cotton, a $220 value each.
- Rhapsody will give a full year of its digital music service. Rhapsody offers instant access to over four million songs on the PC, on portable music devices, and directly to the living room through TiVo.
- Saddleback Leather Co will be gifting one of their tough and thick full grain waterproof boot leather bags. The bags are individually handmade with no zippers, snaps or any breakable parts, all constructed with a false bottom, multi-purpose belt straps and converts into a backpack.
- Sonya Dakar will be gifting three key products from the new BODY by Sonya Dakar collection which promotes Total Skin Fitness™. These products are designed to work together regularly to provide a complete skin revitalization with long-lasting results.
- Suunto will be gifting their Suunto Core Alu watch. The Suunto Core keeps the wearer informed with an accurate altimeter, barometer, digital thermometer, Weather Trend Indicator and digital compass. The Suunto Core is not just any watch, although its functions of course include dual time, date, alarm, sports chronograph and predicted times for sunrise and sunset.
- Takes 2 Fitness, LLC is gifting three 45 minute professional training sessions to each celebrity recipient. Takes 2 Fitness was voted Nashville's Best Health Club in 2007 by City Search.
- Ultreo, Inc. will gift Ultreo, a revolutionary power toothbrush that delivers both a gentle brushing experience and a long-lasting feeling of clean, all thanks to its patented ultrasound technology and sonic bristle action.
Visit CMT's press-only web site www.cmtmusicawardspress.com for more information about the 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS and media credentialing.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 87 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
*EDITORS: The 2008 CMT MUSIC AWARDS premiere LIVE on Monday, April 14 at 8:00 PM, Eastern and 7:00 PM, Central; and at 9:00 PM, Mountain and 8:00 PM, Pacific (tape delayed).
# # #
Natasha Powell 615.335.8412 email@example.com