CMT WILL SHOW OFF SOME NEW INK WHEN “TATTOO TITANS” PREMIERES ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13 AT 11 P.M., ET/PT
Series is First Ever Stand-Alone Tattoo Competition Series With a New Winner Every Week
NASHVILLE – January 14, 2014 – CMT will unveil its newest reality competition series, TATTOO TITANS, when it premieres on Thursday, February 13 at 11:00 p.m., ET/PT, after an all-new episode of PARTY DOWN SOUTH. Hosted by model Jayme Foxx (Inked Magazine cover, 2013), each week’s episode of television’s first ever stand-alone tattoo competition series, will feature four of the best tattoo artists from around the country who will face off against each other in a competition designed to push them to their artistic and mental limits. They’ll have the chance to tattoo human canvases in rounds that get progressively more difficult. The artist who can sling the best ink to take down the rest of their competition won’t just leave with bragging rights, but they’ll also be walking away with $10,000 in cash.
Each episode of TATTO TITANS will feature a panel of three tattoo-enthusiast judges from all walks of life. Throughout the eight-episode season, the judges will include Ami James, Miya Bailey, Bernadette Macias and Bob Tyrrell. Guest judges will include Christmas Abbott, Amy Dumas and Jason Seiler.
About the judges:
• Ami James: James is a celebrity tattoo artist based in Miami and New York. James has garnered international acclaim as a tattoo artist and celebrity, largely due to his tremendous talent and charisma, and the success of TLC’s “Miami Ink” and “NY Ink.”
• Miya Bailey: Bailey has a history in fine art painting and has been tattooing for 21 years. Bailey is a forefather of urban style tattooing, being one of the first to experiment in that styling. Bailey thrives in large-scale work and bright colors on all skin complexions.
• Bernadette Macias: Macias is a model and the face of Sullen Clothing, as well as the main host of Sullen TV. Macias grew up around art all her life and slowly got into the world of tattoos because of roommates and friends who had a knack for it.
• Bob Tyrrell: Tyrrell started tattooing in 1997 at the age of 34. Before that, he played guitar in bands for 20 years. Tyrrell’s tattoo specialties include black and gray, photo-realism, portraits and custom horror imagery.
• Christmas Abbott: Despite her small frame, Abbott boasts quite a body of work. Abbott is a business owner, CrossFit competitor, and most recently, a NASCAR pit crew front tire changer.
• Amy Dumas: Dumas is best known for her tenure with World Wrestling Entertainment as "Lita.” Currently, Dumas hosts the radio show Discordia on sfmtv.com.
• Jason Seiler: Seiler’s humorous illustrations have been featured as covers and interior pieces for many publications, such as TIME Magazine, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. Seiler has also worked as a character designer on Tim Burton’s “Alice In Wonderland.” He recently designed the artwork for the cover of the 2013 Time Magazine “Person of the Year” issue, a portrait of Pope Francis.
TATTOO TITANS is produced by Original Media with executive producers Sam Berns and Charlie Corwin. Jayson Dinsmore, Joe Livecchi and Jordan Harman executive produces for CMT.D
CMT, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 92 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
# # #
Cindy Finke 615-335-8404 email@example.com