CMT’S NEW PERFORMANCE SERIES “CROSS COUNTRY” DELIVERS DOUBLE-DIGIT ALBUM SALES INCREASE FOR RANDY TRAVIS AND JOSH TURNER

08/24/06



NASHVILLE – August 24, 2006 – The new CMT performance series CROSS COUNTRY established itself as a double-digit sales booster for the featured artists, Randy Travis and Josh Turner. During the week following the August 11 premiere of CMT CROSS COUNTRY: RANDY TRAVIS AND JOSH TURNER, sales of Travis’ 2004 release, The Very Best of Randy Travis, increased by 20 percent* and then saw an additional 47 percent jump with subsequent re-airings, totaling a 67 percent increase in sales. Turner also saw an increase in sales for his current album, Your Man, which saw improvement by 16 percent** after the premiere and continued to climb another 36 percent during the second week of re-airings, totaling a 52 percent increase in sales.

Taped in front of a live audience in Nashville, CMT CROSS COUNTRY features songs performed by both artists, including “Three Wooden Crosses,” “Your Man,” “Forever And Ever Amen” and “Long Black Train.” Behind the scenes footage and personal conversations between Travis and Turner are also documented. CMT CROSS COUNTRY: RANDY TRAVIS AND JOSH TURNER, in its nine airings, has been viewed by an estimated 7.1 million people.

CMT, America’s No. 1 country music network, carries original programming, specials, and live concerts and events, as well as a mix of videos by established country music artists and new cutting-edge acts, including world premiere exclusive videos.  Founded March 6, 1983, CMT, owned and operated by MTV Networks, reaches more than 83 million households in the United States. Go to country music’s biggest web site at www.CMT.com.

* According to Nielsen SoundScan Charts for Top Catalog Country Albums for the week’s ending 8/13/06 and 8/20/06
** According to Nielsen SoundScan Charts for Top Current Country Albums for the week’s ending 8/13/06 and 8/20/06

# # #

Press Contacts:      
Natasha Powell         615-335-8412         natasha.powell@cmt.com

PRESS NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

Viacom Entertainment Group © 2018 MTV Networks. All Rights Reserved.
FOLLOW US