“REDNECK ISLAND” SET TO RETURN TO CMT FOR AN ALL-NEW SEASON ON JUNE 5
The Ultimate Redneck-Style Competition Series to Premiere at 10:30 p.m., ET/PT, Following the 2013 CMT MUSIC AWARDS
NASHVILLE – May 16, 2013 – Wrestling hall of famer Steve Austin is back for a rowdier-than-ever third season of REDNECK ISLAND, premiering Wednesday, June 5 at 10:30-11:30 p.m., ET/PT, immediately following the 2013 CMT MUSIC AWARDS. Set in a remote tropical paradise, REDNECK ISLAND will pit 15 contestants—completely out of their element—against one another in CMT’s ultimate redneck-style competition series for a shot at $100,000. This season, romantic alliances form early among the castaways, and one surprise dismissal will keep the rednecks “politicking” throughout the 10 beer-packed episodes.
The second episode of REDNECK ISLAND will premiere in its regularly scheduled timeslot Saturday, June 8 at 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET/PT.
REDNECK ISLAND season three contestants, which were revealed on the series’ official Facebook page earlier this week, include:
• Brandon Keys (Ellisville, Miss.) – Brandon is a 27-year-old mechanic who grew up in the country and loves to hunt, fish and drink beer.
• Cody Hodge (Brooksville, Ala.) – If 23-year-old construction worker Cody wins the competition, he will buy the largest double-wide trailer that money can buy.
• Daniel “Jo” Floyd (Theodore, Ala.) – Jo is a 24-year-old coil pressure washer who is looking for a good time and not another relationship.
• Mike Mace (Rocky Mount, N.C.) – Mike is a 26-year-old exterminator who can fix anything with a roll of duct tape.
• Phillip Honea (Pendleton, S.C.) – Since the age of nine, 30-year-old Phillip has been riding bulls, building tree houses and shooting guns. He currently works as an electrician.
• Shane Tucker (Smith Lake, Ala.) – Shane is a 42-year-old used car salesman. He loves playing beer pong and considers himself to be an exceptional dancer.
• Travis Davis (Manchester, Ky.) – An avid guitar-player and NASCAR-watcher, 31-year-old Travis is a mechanic who also loves turtle hunting and tailgating.
• Amnesty Sundstrom (Haymarket, Va.) – Amnesty is a 21-year-old bartender that loves riding horses, drinking beer and dancing at bars.
• Bayly Risen (Brandenburg, Ky.) – Bayly is a 22-year-old retail banker who loves putting on her camouflage overalls and heading to the horse stables.
• Brittany Martin (Argo, Ala.) – Brittany is always up for some cow tipping, drinking, fishing and hunting. She is a 23-year-old bartender.
• Brittany Woodle (Bennettsville, S.C.) – Brittany is a 25-year-old waitress who loves being the center of attention.
• Candice Orso (Creola, Ala.) – Candice is a southern girl who isn’t afraid to get dirty. This 24-year-old waitress loves the race track and going hunting.
• Lindsey Donohoe (Ripley, W.V.) – Lindsey is a 29-year-old juvenile delinquent manager. She raises rabbits for food and owns two potbelly pigs as pets.
• Misty Gordon (Dublin, Ga.) – Misty considers herself more of a Georgia Rebel than a Georgia Peach. This 22-year-old works as both a bartender and a golf cart girl.
• Stacey Schuler (Shepherdsville, Ky.) – Stacey, a 26-year-old recovery specialist, isn’t into pink and says she can outhunt and outdrink any man.
REDNECK ISLAND is executive produced by Cris Abrego and Fred Birkhead from 51 Minds Entertainment and Clay Newbill from 310 Entertainment, along with Steve Austin from Broken Skull Ranch Productions. Jayson Dinsmore and Melanie Moreau serve as executive producers for CMT.
CMT, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 92 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
# # #
Amanda Murphy 615-335-8408 email@example.com
Heather Allison 615-335-8418 firstname.lastname@example.org