THE CHROME SHOP MAFIA CRUISE INTO A THIRD SEASON OF “TRICK MY TRUCK”
CMT Gears Up With Eight New Episodes of the Popular Makeover Series Premiering July 20
NASHVILLE – July 10, 2007 – CMT’s popular big rig makeover series, TRICK MY TRUCK, returns with a third season premiering on Friday, July 20 at 9:30 p.m., ET/PT. The Chrome Shop Mafia are back with more semi-truck renovations, but this season the mafia push their creativity to a new level as they try their hand at updating a tow truck, a pick-up truck and even an ice cream truck for their deserving drivers. A special episode of TRICK MY TRUCK features trucker Dale Hayden, who recently lost his mother to breast cancer, with a truck transformed into a moving tribute in her honor.
This season’s first episode of TRICK MY TRUCK features Robert LaGrange, from Blanchard, Okla. who became a truck driver after a successful naval career aboard a nuclear submarine. A family illness forced LaGrange to truck long hours in order to make ends meet, so the Chrome Shop Mafia step in to transform his 2001 Freightliner into a truck that would make any sailor proud.
Upcoming episodes of the third season of TRICK MY TRUCK will feature:
- Friday, July 20 – Robert LaGrange’s “U.S.S. LaGrange” semi from Blanchard, Okla.
- Friday, July 27 – Dale Hayden’s “For the Cure” semi from Lucama, N.C.
- Friday, August 3 – Eugene Jackson’s “Lifeline” wrecker from Little Rock, Ark.
- Friday, August 10 – Joe Henry’s “Fowl Play” pick-up truck from Asbury, Mo.
- Friday, August 17 – Joe Patty’s “Brain Freeze” ice cream truck from Arlington, Tenn.
- Friday, August 24 – “Mad” Max Gerleman’s “Spaced Out” rescue truck from Lula, Ga.
- Friday, August 31 – Mike Justice’s “Sawtooth” Mack truck from Douglas, Ga.
- Friday, September 7 – Dustin Stout’s “Nitro” cab-over from Pass Christian, Miss.
TRICK MY TRUCK debuted in 2006 as the highest-rated, regularly scheduled series premiere ever for CMT. In addition, TRICK MY
TRUCK was a big success for CMT.com, quickly becoming one of its largest franchises, drawing record numbers of visitors on the show page, message boards and photo galleries. Exclusive outtakes, video “shorts” and more will be featured on CMT.com and its broadband channel, CMT Loaded, CMT Mobile and on CMT VOD this season.
TRICK MY TRUCK is produced by Varuna Entertainment, Inc., with Jason Morgan and Rob Zazzali serving as executive producers. Melanie Moreau serves as executive producer for CMT.
Visit CMT's press-only Web site www.cmtpress.com for more information and downloadable photos on all of CMT's programming.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and Heartland entertainment, reaching more than 84 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT’s broadband channel, CMT Loaded.
# # #