THE CLAMPET’S TAKE A CROSS-COUNTRY ROAD TRIP WHEN SEASON THREE OF ‘MY BIG REDNECK VACATION’PREMIERES SATURDAY, JANUARY 26 AT 9 P.M., ET/PT
NASHVILLE – January 22, 2013 – America’s favorite redneck family is gearing up for a cross-country road trip when season three of MY BIG REDNECK VACATION premieres Saturday, January 26 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on CMT, followed by the series premiere of SWAMP PAWN at 10:00 p.m., ET/PT.
Tom Arnold returns as host of the 13-episode season, following the Clampet’s on their road trip as they journey to new places including Miami’s South Beach, Washington, D.C., Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, a dude ranch in Colorado, Area 51 in Nevada, a Native American Indian reservation in the Grand Canyon and more.
Destinations on the family’s road trip include:
• South Beach & Miami, Fla.
• Gulfport, Fla. - The family tries to become part of a hippie commune.
• Washington, D.C. - The family invades our nation's capital seeking an audience with the president and the congressman of Louisiana, but find themselves in a beer drinking & burger eating contest.
• Dearborn, Mich. - The family lands in the highest Muslim population in America, Dearborn, Mich., and attempt to get their redneck on in a lumberjack competition.
• Mount Rushmore & Deadwood, S.D. - The Clampet's see Mount Rushmore, go digging for gold and learn who the fastest draw in the family is during a shootout showdown!
• Davenport, Iowa - The family lives out their dream job working in a beer brewery.
• Pawnee National Grassland & New Raymen, Colo. - The family braves the wilderness on a genuine cattle drive.
• Navajo Nation, Ariz. - The family takes up residence in the Grand Canyon with a tribe of Navajo Indians.
• Las Vegas, Nev. - Doug plans to marry Wendy again so he can have a bachelor party, and everything that could go wrong does.
• Area 51, Nev. - The family meets some very interesting alien enthusiasts when they pass through Area 51, until they get chased out by the government.
• San Francisco Bay Area, Calif. - The family makes friends in the highest gay population in America and Wendy enters a mud wrestling contest.
• Beverly Hills, Calif. - The family invades Tom Arnold's Beverly Hills home.
• Shreveport, La. - The family leaves their home again for another crazy vacation. Jared & Michele's vacation gets cut short as they return to Shreveport to prepare for the arrival of their baby.
In the season three premiere, the Clampet’s think they’re in a foreign country when they make their first road trip stop in South Beach, Fla. After being awestruck by their beach front mansion, the family hits the beach, but it’s unlike any beach they’ve ever seen before. The family sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the oiled-up, muscular men and topless, exotic women. As a result, they decide to spend the next day undergoing a total South Beach transformation: from spray tans, to clothes shopping, to renting flashy exotic cars. They will be put to the test to see if they can handle the South Beach lifestyle full of late night fist-pumping, house music, and excessive hair gel.
MY BIG REDNECK VACATION is produced by Pink Sneakers. Kimberly Belcher Cowin, John Ehrhard, Lewis Bogach (CMT) and Jayson Dinsmore (CMT) serve as executive producers.
CMT, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 92 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
# # #
Heather Allison 615-335-8418 firstname.lastname@example.org