THE ULTIMATE REDNECK-STYLE COMPETITION SERIES “REDNECK ISLAND,” HOSTED BY WWE SUPERSTAR STEVE AUSTIN, SET TO PREMIERE JUNE 9 ON CMT
THE ULTIMATE REDNECK-STYLE COMPETITION SERIES “REDNECK ISLAND,”
HOSTED BY WWE SUPERSTAR STEVE AUSTIN, SET TO PREMIERE JUNE 9 ON CMT
NASHVILLE – May 24, 2012 – Hosted by WWE superstar Steve Austin, REDNECK ISLAND will take 12 red, white and blue-collared Americans out of their element, and far away from cold beer, for the ultimate redneck-style competition series, which debuts Saturday, June 9 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT with a special 2-hour long premiere. Visit CMT.com for a sneak peek at REDNECK ISLAND.
From a remote tropical paradise, Austin will guide the men and women through a number of hilarious mental and physical challenges designed to celebrate the group’s strengths and limitations in a quest for $100,000. At the end of each episode, teammates will send one competitor packing.
The REDNECK ISLAND contestants include:
• Adam Freeman (Nashville, Tenn.) – After two marriages that ended in divorce, he came out as a gay man. He is a hairstylist with a big and fabulous personality, but is just as much of a proud redneck as the next guy. Adam is competing for his five kids.
• Adam Sullins (Bristol, Virg.) – Outgoing and likeable professional wrestler. He is very competitive and always expects to win. Loves hunting, fishing, mudding, NASCAR, beer and football. Competing to win money for his fiancé and baby daughter.
• Catherine Long (Harrisburg, N.C.) – Blonde, bubbly and funny “Southern belle.” Likes to have a good time and is fun to be around, but can become stubborn and hot-headed at times. Loves her family, hunting and drinking beer.
• Cayton “Tex” Flippen (Sumner, Texas) – Small town guy with a competitive nature and plenty of ambition. He is highly motivated and always wants to succeed. He is married and has a young daughter.
• Dove Bush (Castlewood, Virg.) – Educated, artistic and open-minded. She is a huge Dolly Parton fan and tribute artist. Adventurous and loves traveling, music, spirituality and outdoor activities.
• Eric Bradford (Lexington, S.C.) – The party boy jock. As a professional wrestler and former cheerleader in college, he is extremely energetic and highly competitive, but can sometimes come off as abrasive and selfish.
• Jeannie Hunter (Marble Falls, Texas) – Fun-loving and adventurous, pistol-packing “Southern belle.” Enjoys bull riding and went to college on a full rodeo scholarship. Likes to hunt and be outdoors.
• Jennifer Kercher (Lakeland, Fla.) – A tough ex-Navy girl, Jen is a certified EMT and a guy’s girl who can change her own car tires and oil. She is outgoing, caring and always up for anything. Having grown up with a twin, Jen is also highly competitive.
• John Paul “JP” Burwell (Panama City, Fla.) – A bartender who enjoys drinking and having a good time. He is outgoing and can talk to anyone. Loves playing golf almost more than he loves hunting, fishing and four-wheeling.
• Kassie Worley (Campton, Ky.) – Single mom who likes to get dolled up and pretty, but not afraid to get down and dirty. She may come off as sweet and innocent, but is not afraid to speak her mind and tell it like it is.
• Kevin “Bobo” Floyd (Midland City, Ala.) – A good-hearted truck driver who will do anything for you, as long as you don’t piss him off. Loves beer, hunting and guns, but is terrified of tornadoes.
• Teri Allen (Ft. McCoy, Fla.) – Proudly calls herself a loudmouth party animal. Became a grandmother at the age of 30 by marriage, and is very outgoing. Loves shooting guns, and even has a shooting range in her home.
REDNECK ISLAND is executive produced by Cris Abrego and Matt Westmore from 51 Minds Entertainment and Clay Newbill from 310 Entertainment, along with Steve Austin from Broken Skull Ranch Productions. Jayson Dinsmore and Melanie Moreau serve as executive producers for CMT.
CMT, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 92 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
# # #
Amanda Murphy 615-335-8408 email@example.com