WOMEN TOP CMT.COM IN RANKING OF 20 MOST-STREAMED VIDEOS FOR 2007
Music Drives 100 Million Streams and Double-Digit Growth at CMT.com
NASHVILLE – January 2, 2007 – Women dominated CMT.com in 2007, taking seven of the Top 10 spots in a ranking of the 20 most popular country music videos streamed at the site. Sugarland, Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift swept the Top 5 group, making it a banner year for female vocalists in country music.
The popular appeal of music videos and live performances helped CMT.com earn double-digit growth in both uniques and streams in 2007. CMT.com streamed over 100 million videos in 2007, with music videos accounting for 70 percent of those streams. Both average monthly streams and uniques surged for CMT.com, growing 10 percent over last year.
CMT Mobile and CMT VOD also saw record growth in 2007, due in part to strong demand for music videos. CMT Mobile experienced strong year-over-year growth of 252 percent, and 2007 will easily be CMT VOD’s most ordered year ever, with triple digit gains upwards of 906 percent over 2006.
Throughout the year, CMT rolled out new digital music initiatives to drive a deeper connection between viewers and the artists they love:
- Sugarland’s “Stay,” which the group debuted during the 2007 CMT MUSIC AWARDS, clinched the top spot on CMT.com and CMT Mobile.
- Carrie Underwood holds three spots on CMT.com’s year-end Top 10 with three singles – “So Small” (#2), which set a single day streaming record for CMT.com during its exclusive online debut; “Before He Cheats” and “Wasted.”
- For the first time ever, CMT allowed viewers to choose the opening number for the 2007 CMT MUSIC AWARDS with the introduction of the “Flatt Out Fan Favorite.” On the day of the awards, CMT.com experienced record traffic with a 36 percent increase in uniques. Uniques were up 222 percent leading into the awards show.
- CMT.com jumped into the blogosphere this year, with dedicated music, shows and the latest, lifestyle content. Get the scoop directly from Blake Shelton now on CMT Blogs for his take on NBC’s “Clash of the Choirs.”
- Ensuring fans can stay connected to music anywhere, anytime – CMT expanded its footprint on the handset with its mobile web, or WAP, site in 2007. Since its launch in August, CMT WAP has experienced 150 percent growth each month.
CMT.com top 20 most-streamed music videos in 2007:
Position Song Title Artist Label
1. Stay Sugarland Universal
2. So Small Carrie Underwood Sony BMG
3. Before He Cheats Carrie Underwood Sony BMG
4. Our Song Taylor Swift Big Machine Records
5. Wasted Carrie Underwood Sony BMG
6. Don’t Blink Kenny Chesney Sony BMG
7. Because of You Reba McEntire Universal
8. Online Brad Paisley Sony BMG
9. Red High Heels Kellie Pickler Sony BMG
10. What Hurts The Most Rascal Flatts Lyric Street Records
11. Teardrops On My Guitar Taylor Swift Big Machine Records
12. Watching You Rodney Atkins Curb Records
13. As If Sara Evans Sony BMG
14. I Need You Tim McGraw Curb Records
15. Tim McGraw Taylor Swift Big Machine Records
16. Would You Go With Me Josh Turner Universal
17. Broken Lindsey Haun Show Dog Records
18. She’s Everything Brad Paisley Sony BMG
19. Long Trip Alone Dierks Bentley Capitol Records
20. Last Dollar Fly Away Tim McGraw Curb Records
Visit CMT's press-only Web site www.cmtpress.com for more information and downloadable photos on all of CMT's programming.
CMT, a unit of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and Heartland entertainment, reaching more than 87 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.
MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom , is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. MTV Networks, with 137 channels worldwide, owns and operates the following television programming services - MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION, MTV2, VH1, mtvU, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, NOGGIN/THE N, VH1 CLASSIC, LOGO, MTVN INTERNATIONAL and THE DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of 13 digital services, all of these networks trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks connects with its audiences through its robust consumer products businesses and its more than 200 interactive properties worldwide, including online, broadband, wireless and interactive television services and also has licensing agreements, joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby all of its programming services can be seen worldwide.
# # #
Amanda Murphy 615-335-8408 firstname.lastname@example.org